Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Triathlon

Did I mention I am competing in the Chicago Triathlon on August 25th? I am!

Have I ever mentioned I have Fibromyalgia? Chances are many of you would say "Probably not!"

Here's the thing. Fibro is crazy little pain/fatigue disorder with no cure and I've been battling the symptoms for years and years. I just don't talk about it a ton. Why? I don't want to be labeled. I don't want people to think I can't do things just like everyone else.

But it's time to start talking. We need awareness.

And in my most audacious attempts at living well and taking back my heart and soul and physical health, I am racing in the Chicago Tri. The Olympic Distance. Cuz I'm stubborn like that.

I won't really be chatting about the training here, BUT if anyone reads this blog (and seriously if you DO read this blog, leave a comment sometime yo) please know that I have started this other little blog that will chronicle my adventures training for the tri WITH fibro.

http://tri-ingwithfibro.blogspot.com/

Much love,

Katherine

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Katherine! I'm enjoying your blog - and I didn't know you have Fibromyalgia. I used to work with someone who has it and I know it was very frustrating for her that it's so misunderstood. I read your other blog explanation, thanks for putting that information out there for us who want to understand. Good luck with your triathlon, you can do it!

Katherine said...

Amy! Wow, thanks, lady :) I hope you're well!