Sunday, July 18, 2010

a return to the true random thought.

1. This is completely inappropriate, but I feel somewhat at unease when I go to a Chinese or Thai or Japanese restaurant and my server is not Asian. It just doesn't feel right when a 14-year-old pasty white boy is serving me sushi.

2. I made a pact with sushi. For real. I said, "Sushi. Today is the day I put aside my thing with texture in my mouth and we make this thing work." Sushi owned up. I owned up. We made up. Then we cried. Baby steps. Baby steps.

3. I voiced disdain towards bathroom attendants this week. However, I am now undecided. I am not a fan of bathroom attendants whatsoever, they make me feel a bit uncomfortable, but let's face it: They have AWFUL jobs. They have to stand in a smelly bathroom while everyone outside is having fun. They have to stay there ALL night, help gross drunk girls, hand people paper towels, and they are all depending on our tips. I may not like them, but when you think about it, bathroom attendants are heroes. They deal with a lot of shit.

4. Chelsea Clinton is getting hitched in a few days. Good for her. With all of the world watching her during her awkward growing up phase, god bless the poor kid. And God Bless America, godammit.

5. The rivers of Dublin sing. And the mudslide shall live forever. Dublin Mudslide stands in its own category. Competitors like Mud Pie (God forbid, what IS that anyway?) and even fancy Gelato brands are bastard impostors.

6. Does anyone remember the movie "Hocus Pocus?"  I do. I had an unexplainable urge to watch Hocus Pocus today. And have a fist-fight with Bette Midler. And put a spell on you.


7. My apple tasted suspiciously like a pear yesterday. I looked at it, thinking it was a pear for a moment, but it was an apple. Remain confused by this odd trick of nature.

8. Overheard on the street: "I don't have enough years left to learn how to play a good game of golf."

No comments: