Sunday, January 17, 2010

Random Thoughts 1.17.10

Notable:

1. My garden is growing. Newest additions are 2 baby cacti, a mini splash plant, and some pink flower I can't recall the name of. My window sill is beautiful. And on it sits a dangerous cactus.

2. The couple who owns Ben's Noodles now knows me not only by face, but by name. And they know my dish too. When I call and order ginger chicken with extra vegetable, they know that's me. And I do not feel any shame in this.

3. Saw a man wearing a purple plaid shirt and green patterned tie that did not go together whatsoever. This made me smile. Man's clothing combination made no sense, looked completely silly, and yet, I could immediately tell this was the man's chosen style. It made him happy. And so it made me happy.

4. Important lesson learned: meeting a man in a snowstorm does not equal destiny. But it sure does make an interesting story.

5. Spent some time watching "Worst Cooks in America." These are some of the whiniest most emotional cooks I have ever seen in my life. It's a piece of chicken. Pull yourself together. It's gonna be okay.

6. I have a slight obsession with Starbucks Signature Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. It is so comforting in the cold. That's three different types of European chocolate mixed together in one cup of hazelnut goodness. Go.

7.  Websites I have found recently that are GREAT:

www.operationbeautiful.com

www.1000awesomethings.com

www.givesmehope.com

8. Engaged in a social experiment at work by wearing Hayli's nametag when I could not find mine. Hayli and I look nothing alike, but people who had talked with me the previous day and remembered my name as Katherine DID NOT recall that I was Katherine. One man even talked ABOUT "Katherine" (me) to "Hayli" (me) saying I never emailed him his confirmation. This floored me. He had spoken with me multiple times, I checked him in, and when he came back to the desk he did not remember that it was me he had spoken to in the first place, he just talked about me behind my back TO me thinking I was someone else just because I was wearing someone else's nametag. This proves that some people do not pay attention at all.

9. The earthquake in Haiti has caused unthinkable hardship and damage. My heart goes out to this nation and makes me reconsider what I have previously believed to hardships in my life. There is no comparison and it puts things into perspective.



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud to be your big sis. You amaze me, I hope these posts never end.